What features in your chosen reference management software can be used to sort, classify, and otherwise organize references? Describe software functionality that allows you to better organize and share information for efficient retrieval and use.
The reference management software, EndNote, provides a platform from which to search as well as cite references. From within EndNote, I imported articles into my EndNote library from various indexes. As per the information in the library course, articles cannot be readily exported into EndNote from PubMed. It can however export articles from CINAHL and other electronic indexes into EndNote with a click of the mouse. During my lengthy search, I organized the retrieved articles into groups for ease of retrieval. After having amassed a large number of references, I whittled them down by sending them to the trash. It was a mistake to empty that trash…I lost everything. A lesson now learned. The EndNote library is a repository of past searches from which to cite and retrieve information. When writing a paper, EndNote will facilitate the insertion of references and compilation of a reference list in the specified, APA, format.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good point about not emptying your trash. Maybe that's something I should add to the module information.
ReplyDelete